Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week number eight

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

This past weekend I went to Panguitch, UT. My friend, Nick Newell's mom, Jorli Perine, has a cabin there and boy oh boy is it the coolest place ever! The town of Panguitch is tiny. Her cabin is about 10 minutes outside of the main town on 22 acres and is by a beautiful river. Seriously the coolest place ever.
The crew consisted of: Nick Newell, Camryn Gallacher, Erica Hawkins, Nicole Hawkins, Carley Wells, Kendall Blake, Mike Smith, Tyler Allan, Ammon Orgill, Erin Simmons, Scott Mathis,
Jeff Larson, Krissy Bentley, and Chris.
Our adventures went like this.
First we all got in our costumes and we frolicked around in the wilderness. Then we played some music and sang some songs while Nick, Mike, and Jorli's friend Gary (favorite human I've ever met) played their guitars. We then had the best dinner and yummy dessert. We had a costume contest which I can proudly say I won for most original. I won a beautiful blanket! I was a toilet. Yes, you heard right. I was a toilet! haha it was classic.
After dinner and dessert we bundled up and we went outside to enjoy the AMAZING stars!!!! It was literally the best star gazing of all time! Incredible x10. So beautiful. To get in the spirit of Halloween we told some scary stories in a circle holding the flashlight under our faces like little kids. Classic.
The next activity consisted of some people watching Sherlock holmes while others made herbal tea and we played funny games and danced. The best part about this night you ask? Just being with these amazing, wonderful, and hilarious people. I just adore each of them.
We all talked and played into the week hours of the night and then headed for bed ready for another day of adventure!
The next morning after breakfast we all piled in the cars and headed for town! We first went to Jorli's quilt and painting shop. She is an AMAZING painter. I was so blown away! Her shop was the most darling thing I've ever seen! Gary showed us around and told us all about the bed and breakfast they just built. It is so cute!
We walked down the main street and stopped in a thrift store. Of course. It's where we shop best. We found all sorts of hidden treasures. I for one found an old book with several stories in it. Once in particular called "walkabout". Uh, do I even need to say it? I MUST read that story! Walkabouts are the best idea. We spent more time than normal people would in a thrift shop and I must say, I think each of us found a treasure of some sorts.
When we got back to the cabin half the group had to leave to get back to Provo for various commitments. Nick, Nicole, Mike, Jeff, Chris, Krissy, and I stayed to continue our adventures.
Next up we played some baseball with some bats that nick brought. We used these little apples for our balls. We had the grandest time trying to hit a ball "out of the park" or over the second fence.
Final Destination: BRYCE CANYON!
I was sooo excited when I found out Bryce Canyon was only 20 minutes away from the main town. Of course we all watned to go explore it and boy, that's exactly what we did! We went to many different look out points and explored them all! We were very lucky and got to watch the sunset there as well. So beautiful! The canyon is amazing! As Gary puts it, "it's like DQ with color." None of us are very sure what he meant by that but it was funny! haha. He also said that it would strike you with amazement at how incredible God's creations are. He was 100% right about that. I thought of one of my favorite hymns, "For the beauty of the Earth." This earth is so beautiful! I loved every second of my experience at Bryce Canyon. except for when I almost had a heart attack becasue of my fear of heights. I used to never be afraid of heights. Now I'm the biggest baby and can hardly move when I'm high up. I don't know what happened to me. I get it from my dad though. He hates heights. I used to love them! I'm confused. If growing up means more fears then I don't want to keep doing it anymore.
We drove home, and stopped for some ice cream and a movie. We rented the classic 80's movie called Poltergeist.
Poltergeist Poster

Super funny movie but because I am a baby when it comes to scary movies I was still a little sacred in some parts. But mostly we just laughed at it. We ate our ice cream and all snuggled up together. We had deep talks until about 4:30am and then decided to get some shut eye for the 2 hours we had until we needed to get up to leave and drive home to make it in time for church.
It was sad to leave our dear town of Panguitch but we hope to go back again sometime soon! Thank you to everyone who made this Halloween getaway the best anyone could ask for!! I just adore my friends. I feel so lucky to have them!!
Here's the video on youtube of our adventures
click here: HALLOWEEN GETAWAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment