Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week Number Two

Well, this week's adventure may end up being my favorite of the whole semester. I guess I'll have to wait and see though.

This weeks journey took us to many different places such as: Riverwoods, Bicentennial Park, and the BYU football stadium. These places are where we created our

PERFECT DAY.

I have always wanted to do this but never actually have. We came up with 10 different categories to fulfill our perfect day.

1. SHOPPING
We started out with a little shopping. My roommates Lauren McFadyen and Erica Hawkins and I (my other roommate Carley Wells was writing a paper. We missed her dearly!) went to the Riverwoods where we shopped a little bit and walked around the cute outdoor mall. Gotta have a little bit of shopping in the perfect day! We all bought a skirt--only $7. What a steal!


2. FOOD

After we met up with our friends Nick Newell, Mike Smith, Nicole Hawkins, and Tyler Allen. So many of my very favorite people together is definitely a recipe for the perfect day! We packed an amazing, wonderful, and delicious lunch and then all headed to bicentennial park. We packed sandwiches, yogurt, chocolate milk, chips, oreos, wheat thins and cream cheese, and some fruit. Can you say perfect?







3. LEARNING/EDUCATION

Then Nick read us all some poems by Robert Frost. Naturally he read them in a British accent. We sat there and soaked in the words of wisdom for a while. Poetry at a picnic. What a joy.






4.EXERCISE

We then ran around and rolled down the hills, played leap frog, soccer, and tag. We climbed trees and of course as soon as we found some mud we put it on our faces like Indians.




5. MUSIC

Nick and I brought our guitars so to fulfill our music portion we all played some songs and sang our hearts out. We even sang some original Blues songs.







6. SPIRITUALITY

We then shared favorite scriptures.




7. NATURE

Let me just tell you this one thing: Bicentennial park is the most AWESOME park I know. They have this amazing jungle/rain forest trail that you can walk through. Tyler and Nick played "I'll follow you through the dark" as we sang along as we walked through the beautiful trail of jungle. I have to go back to Costa Rica. Or maybe actually go to the Amazon.






8. COURAGE

Well, Nick says that putting the mud on our face was courageous because it actually smelt horrible. Also rolling down the hill was courageous since I was sick when I got to the bottom. Maybe even climbing to the top of the tree could count for our courageous act.





9. SPORTS

Let's not forget the funnest and saddest football game I've ever gone too... Yeah, BYU lost to the U tonight. How tragically horrible. But we had the best time together and screamed and cheered for our beloved BYU team.




Goodness I just love my Number 10 on the list:

10. FRIENDS
I have the best friends in the whole wide world!! I simply adore them.

For those of you who are my friends on facebook you can see some awesome footage we took of our day.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2019956012187&ref=notif&notif_t=video_comment_tagged


No comments:

Post a Comment