Friday, September 30, 2011

Week number four

This week I went on a Murder Mystery date!! I have ALWAYS wanted to do this so I was so ecstatic when I found out I could go! (I had to leave my cooking lab a bit early to make it there on time...opps). Let me first explain the game. First, we all got assigned characters prior to the date. I was a British secretary, my date was a retired general that just got off a safari, My sister, Cami, and her date were Russian ambassadors. The other couples were a Chinese man and his daughter, geishas, and other funny characters. We all came totally decked out in our costumes. We also had to speak in our characters accent. Thankfully I got a British character because I would not have been able to do Russian or Chinese accent. haha. We sat around the dinner table and all got a little booklet that explained who we were and our secrets. For example, my name was Miss D. Meaner (funny, clever name right?) and I was the secretary of Ivan titcher, but I was also secretly in the British Secret Service but nobody knew it. The game was based on the murder of Mr. Big Job, the bodyguard of the Japanese embarrassed. We all went around and said our lines that we would read from our booklet. What we would read out loud to the others and explain where we were at certain times of the night of the murder. Secrets would unfold and people would figure things out by asking questions and putting together information that each person would share throughout the dinner. HOLD IT…. let me first explain how AMAZING the dinner was! (Shout out to Kristi McArthur for providing the food!) We had a 5-course Chinese meal that was incredibly delicious! Well the mystery unfolded and guess who was the murderer…. Yup, ME! Haha. The funny thing is the murderer doesn’t know they are the murderer until the end either so when I heard the clues I wanted to guess myself. My character was suspicious. The game was super fun and we all had a fun time acting out our characters and eating the fabulous food! We ended the night playing some Dance Central! Haha, SO FUNNY! Man, I was cracking up. Mostly at myself… I’m so uncoordinated it’s embarrassing.If anyone has never gone on a mystery murder date I would highly suggest you buy the game and play it. So worth it.


Here is the description on the internet so that it will make more sense:

The Time: January 1931. The Place: An express train bound for Moscow from Vladivostock on the Trans-Siberian Railroad.The Victim: The Ambassador of Japan's personal bodyguard, the enigmatic Mr Big Job.The Scene: It's a classic locked-room mystery! The victim is found in a cabin that has been bolted from the inside!The Background:The train is on a peace mission. Hosted by the Russians, there are delegations from China and Japan together with a pair of British 'observers'.The Suspects: Eight fellow passengers, each hiding a guilty secret, have been implicated in the murder.Your Mission: Over the course of a dinner party you must unravel the mystery and help Komrade Ivan Inkling to solve this intriguing whodunit!


And here is the link to buy the game if you want to play it!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006Z86L4/creativityunleas

No comments:

Post a Comment